Susan, owner/innkeeper has been doing more baking lately, since Jackson has picked up her breakfast duties. She made Pecan Bites the other day and is sharing the recipe, here.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 can (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1. Heat over to 375 degrees. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and corn syrup; blend well. Spread in bottom of ungreased 8 or 9 inch round cake pan.
2. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles, firmly press perforations to seal.
3. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle mixture evenly over rectangles. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of pecans over each rectangle.
4. Starting at shorter side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll into 4 slices. Place cut side down over brown sugar mixture in the pan.
5. Bake 20 - 27 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool pan 1 minute; turn upside down onto heatproof serving platter or foil. Serve warm or cool.