Information for Your Reservation & Stay During the Covid 19 Outbreak
Forks and the wider Clallam County have now entered Phase 2 of Washington's reopening plans.
At the Inn we are opening common areas, with breakfast being available in the dining room (social distancing measures in place) or in guests' bedrooms.
Phase 2 allows restaurants to open at 50% capacity, retail at 30% and hairdressers / barbers / nail salons can also open.
The Sol Duc and Lake Crescent areas of the Olympic National Park are open; as well as all Olympic National Forest Trails We are monitoring the status of the National Park's reopening plans for the western beaches and Hoh rainforest.
For fishing OlympicNP has opened Lake Crescent, Sol Duc River, Gray Wolf River, Dosewallips River, Duckabush River, North Fork Skokomish River, and mountain lakes as per normal fishing seasons and regulations.
Our aim throughout is to help keep guests, the staff team and our wider community as safe as possible.
Some of the Key Steps we've undertaken ahead of welcoming guests:
- Cancellations and re-bookings accepted up to 48 hours prior to reservation
- Risk Assessment and Pandemic Protocols completed. These remain ongoing tools, with regular review
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols, procedures and products, including products that enable sanitizing of soft furnishings
- Staff training, including use of masks, gloves and googles- staff will be wearing masks whenever interacting with guests
- Removal of multi-use items that cannot be easily sanitized
- Bed linen / cover changes to ensure easy washing and sanitizing
- Hand sanitizing stations for guest use in common areas, and in bedrooms
- Changes to common areas to enable 6' social distancing
- Reconfigured access points to provide 3 separate building entrances for 6 bedrooms (2 rooms already have their own external entrances).
- Option of breakfast in bedrooms
Our Guests can help too.
- Only place a reservation, if you feel you can comply with safety measures.
- Be considerate of other guests, staff and our community by adhering to social distancing and other CDC recommendations
- Wear a mask when not in your room, or eating in dining area.
- Just ask if you need disposable gloves or a mask
- Visit our local restaurants which will be open with 50% capacity from June 1st. You can also purchasing take out and are welcome to eat this at the Inn - bedrooms have a dining table.
- Appreciate that our community has one grocery store; with the next 60 miles away. This store needs to meet the needs of local residents ahead of visitors.
- Reschedule your stay for alternative dates if you or a close contact feel ill, and recover at home under the care of your own doctor.
- All reservations will need to be made online or over the telephone and will be pre-paid.
- There is no fee to reschedule or cancel a reservation up to 48 hours prior to arrival. Valid for reservations through August 31st 2020, though this date may be pushed later depending upon future orders from the Governor.
- Whenever possible, all guest rooms will initially be left unoccupied for a minimum of 2 days between reservations - usually longer
- 2 of our 8 rooms have their own external entrances - Ella’s Suite, and Orchard Suite,
- There are 3 additional external entrances for our 6 other rooms - Cedar Creek, Sunset, Peterson Perch, and Country Clover. Elk View and Weathervane.
- Other existing policies (such as deposit payments) are unchanged.
- We invite guests who are ill, or have recently been exposed to someone who is ill, to reschedule their stay for alternative dates, and to recover at home under the care of their own doctor.
- To aid social distancing, guests will self check-in and check-out. Full details will be shared with your reservation confirmation.
- For multiple night stays, we will not be providing daily housekeeping.
- If guest supplies need to be replenished, or items removed, the guest should contact an innkeeper and necessary items will be provided or removed.
- From June 1st, when the area enters Phase 2, guests will have the option of breakfast delivery to their room or using our dining room (with social distancing measures in place).
Social Distancing / Cleaning / Sanitizing
- Innkeepers and staff will adhere to all CDC and state guidelines relating to the wearing of masks, gloves; hand washing and other sanitation measures.
- Sanitizing of hallways, stair-rails, door knobs etc is carried out multiple times a day.
- Between reservations, each bedroom is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, and whenever possible left vacant for 2 days minimum.
- Innkeepers will always be available by ‘phone to aid our guests.
- We will not be doing room tours for potential guests, or for those that just show up at our door.
- Risk Assessment and Pandemic Protocols completed using Johns Hopkins University 'Operational Toolkit for Businesses Considering Reopening or Expanding Operations in COVID-19', American Hotel & Lodging Association 'Stay Safe Guidelines' and Washington State and CDC Guidance. These remain ongoing tools, with regular review .